Porsche 919 Hybrids finish third and fourth in Spa
In the last race before the Le Mans 24-Hours, the Porsche 919 Hybrids has finished third and fourth. The race concluded with positions five and six in the GTE-Pro class for the Porsche GT Team.
At the six-hour race in Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium, both prototypes endured a troubled contest. The trio of Earl Bamber (NZ), Timo Bernhard (DE) and Brendon Hartley (NZ) lost time due to a slow puncture coming home third. The sister car of reigning world champion Neel Jani (CH), André Lotterer (DE) and Nick Tandy (GB) started from pole position but was unfortunate with the timing of two “Full Course Yellow” periods that neutralized the race. They finished just behind their team mates. Hartley had the consolation of setting the overall fastest race lap to underline the 919 Hybrid’s potential. But in Spa, over the race distance, it was a pair of Toyotas that took the laurels.
Just like at the season’s opening race in Silverstone, Porsche competed again in the Le Mans aerodynamic configuration. However, the lower downforce causes higher tyre wear. Toyota raced in two different aero specifications. The car in Le Mans configuration finished behind the Porsches.
Despite sunshine at the start, rain was predicted for the closing stages of the race but ultimately it stayed almost dry throughout. The organizers announced 61,000 spectators for the three-day event. After the second of nine rounds in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), Porsche ranks second in the constructors’ standings. In the drivers’ world championship, the Porsche crews are currently second and third.
PORSCHE CARRERA 911(Type993) OWNERS CHANNEL
- ポルシェ911新型992どうなる予想？！【動画】 (2018/09/15)
- ポルシェ911マニュアルMT車が人気なワケ【動画】 (2018/09/09)
- ポルシェマカンマイナーチェンジで爆売！？ (2018/09/02)
- ポルシェニュース 70 years of the Porsche sports car and 30 years of the Type 964 (2018/03/21)
- ポルシェニュース 999,999: Bad Luck? (2017/07/22)
- ポルシェニュース Xain AG wins “Porsche Innovation Contest” (2017/06/25)
- ポルシェニュース Zuffenhausen sports car icon is a millionaire (2017/05/13)
- ポルシェニュース Porsche Digital, Inc. opens location in Silicon Valley (2017/05/05)
- ポルシェニュース The Philosophy of F. A. Porsche (2017/05/04)
- ポルシェニュース First Porsche Design Tower in Miami (2017/03/20)
- ポルシェニュース Porsche celebrates motorsport icon Walter Röhrl (2017/03/11)
- ポルシェニュース Hybrid power in Nardò (2017/03/05)
- ポルシェニュース GTS = Getting To Stuttgart (2017/02/25)
- ポルシェニュース 911カレラ（991後期）、718ボクスター、および718ケイマンのリコールキャンペーン (2017/02/02)