Porsche celebrates 30 years of the 959
With an exhibition of numerous sports cars, Porsche has celebrated the 30th birthday of the 959 at the 43rd AvD-Oldtimer Grand Prix on the Nürburgring.
Among other vehicles, Porsche brought the legendary winning vehicle of the Paris-Dakar rally to the Eifel, flanked by its successors, the Carrera GT and 918 Spyder. The 919 Hybrid, which recently secured the 17th overall victory for Porsche at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, rounded off the appearance. Another highlight took place in the Porsche Classic exhibition tent: motor racing legend Jacky Ickx came to give an interview followed by an autograph session.
An expert team from Porsche Classic offered owners of historic Porsche models assistance on issues of repair and selecting suitable parts. Porsche Classic currently has more than 52,000 original parts and accessories, such as the new Porsche Classic radio navigation system. Specially developed for Porsche, it combines state-of-the-art technology with classic design and fits into all classic models with a 1-DIN slot. Also on display at the Porsche site covering more than 14,000 square metres were the drivetrain of a recently rediscovered 901 from 1964 and vehicles from the Porsche Museum. Added to this were exhibits from Porsche Exclusive and Tequipment as well as the event truck from the Porsche Driver’s Selection featuring the current collection.
30 years of the Porsche 959 super sports car
The 959 embarked on its triumphant procession at rallies and race circuits 30 years ago. The super sports car made its debut as a technology platform and the fastest production car in the world, which was limited to 292 vehicles. Thanks to the innovative sequential turbocharging and intercooling, an in-house development by Porsche, the 2.85-litre six-cylinder boxer engine produced 450 hp. Power transmission was the responsibility of a six-speed gearbox and an electronically controlled trans-axle all-wheel drive, which was tested in the victorious Porsche 953 at the Paris-Dakar rally in 1984. In addition to the rally version of the 959, which won the 1986 Paris-Dakar, Porsche Classic will also be exhibiting one of the street-legal limited production series models. Together with the Carrera GT and the 918 Spyder, the 959 documents how Porsche as maintained the idea of the super sports car as a technology platform up to the present day.
Porsche Classic is a division of the Zuffenhausen-based sports car manufacturer responsible for the maintenance of vehicles which were generally produced more than ten years ago. Its services cover all aspects of care and technical literature as well as the supply and reproduction of original parts and even extend to complete restoration. The company is currently expanding its international dealer and service network to around 100 Porsche Classic Partners for the support and overhaul of classic cars. Porsche customers and potential customers can expect the complete range of Porsche Classic services from the Partners’ centres. Through this measure, Porsche has integrated the care and value retention of modern classic and vintage cars into a comprehensive service concept, closely linking Porsche tradition and Porsche innovation. Further information and the parts range are available at www.porsche.de/classic.
Porsche celebrates 30 years of the 959
- ポルシェニュース ブレーキペダルのクリスマスリコール (2015/12/25)
- ポルシェニュース Merry Christmas! (2015/12/24)
- ポルシェニュース 718ボクスター＆718ケイマン Porsche Boxster and Cayman: New model series 718 (2015/12/23)
- ポルシェニュース マカンGTS Macan GTS: The sports car among SUVs (2015/10/28)
- ポルシェニュース “Inspiration 911“ on the Porscheplatz (2015/09/02)
- ポルシェ911(Type930)ターボ Steve McQueen's Porsche 911 Turbo (2015/08/23)
- ポルシェ南米ブラジルへ進出 Porsche Brasil is now in operation (2015/08/13)
- ポルシェの北米戦略拠点が本格稼動 One Porsche Drive - 1 (2015/08/11)
- ポルシェの爆速が止まらない Best July in the history of Porsche (2015/08/07)
- ポルシェ911(Type991)GT3 RSが欲しいなら2016年の春まで！ Fit for the racetrack (2015/08/07)
- ポルシェが販売実績で新記録樹立 Porsche shines with new records for half-year (2015/07/30)
- ポルシェの本丸ファクトリー The Porsche main plant through changing times (2015/07/29)
- ポルシェマカンが米ランキングで1位獲得！！！ (2015/07/23)
- ポルシェが1.1 billion eurosの巨額設備投資 Porsche is getting fit for the future (2015/07/15)